Thursday, May 29, 2008

New Routine

Thought you all would enjoy a quick update. We started our new routine (Mommy back to work and Jake starting daycare) on Tuesday. Here is a picture that his daycare emailed me on Tuesday morning to let me know he was having a good time...I love that place! :) The first day was definitely rough...probably the hardest thing I've ever done to leave him there Tuesday morning...I cried many times that morning! But, it got a little better as the day went on and I got involved & my mind was more occupied. I called to check on him & even stopped in a couple times when running between my office & my worksite (it is right between them), so that helped a lot. Jake did great too - they said he was happy & talking most of the day, and napped well. They even shared with me that he cried twice - once when hungry & once when tired - both times, his "problem" was quickly remedied. It made me feel good to know that they were comfortable sharing that with me, and that he only cried twice! He was definitely Mama's boy Tuesday night & yesterday when we stayed home for a mid-week reprieve though! :) This morning was 100% easier than Tuesday however...we'll get this figured out yet!


4 comments:

amywalt1684 said...

GOOD JOB Mommy and Jake!!!! I can't imagine.... but sounds like you are both gonna do great!! Love you guys and HOPEULLY see you soon!

Anonymous said...

Hang in there momma - it will get easier! Love you both bunches!!!
Gram K./Mom

NJW said...

Yea Jake & Mommy!! One of Life's challlenging days over... "Oh, how time flies" ! 1st day of Day care, Kindergarten... etc.. only a Mother really knows how tough it is... but how rewarding in the end!! :)

Emmy said...

Looks like he is adjusting well! Hang in the Mommy, you are doing great!!!