It's been a crazy week! Obviously, I went back to work & Jake started at daycare this past week. Friday, Jake came down with a bad cold. He was extremely congested in his head & was coughing & sneezing a bunch...poor baby. He is feeling much better though, almost recovered...the pediatrician told us it would be up to 2 weeks before he was doing this well...it took 4 days...a tribute to breastfeeding, I think! (By breastfeeding, Jake gets antibodies from me.) Also, I put a disc out in my neck Friday...after an adjustment from the chiropractor on Saturday, I am well on my way to recovery. We got out the Jumperoo this week for Jake to start using. He can't quite hold himself up in it all by himself, but he loves it & he actually does pretty well...I don't think it will be long before he can sit in it unassisted. Also, I got to hear Jake's first giggle today. He has been SOOO close to making that noise, and he finally did today. I've been trying all day to get him to do it again, but I don't think he realizes how to do it...it just popped out this morning. Hopefully someday soon he will be doing it consistently & we can capture it on video for the blog so you can all hear it too...it was so cute!
Well, please have patience with me over the next few weeks...my posts will not be nearly as frequent, as I am currently completely overwhelmed with being back to work and trying to spend as much time with Jake now that I don't get much (relatively speaking...) - I have been in withdrawal from my boy - I can't get enough! :)
Hope you all have a good week! Jake sends his love! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Glad to hear Jake's cold is getting better. I can't wait to hear him giggle!!
Grandma K.
Love the pictures!! Can't believe how cute those smiles are!! Looking forward to hearing darling sounds soon :) Here's a hug for you little guy XO XO Grandma W
Post a Comment